CAUTI CASE STUDY
Health systems are increasingly turning to the LogicStream Health Clinical Process Improvement software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform to understand, control, improve and manage vital clinical processes. Adherence to evidence-based core prevention strategies and standardized care processes have been shown to prevent 17% to 69% of CAUTI cases.
• CAUTI is the cause of significant negative impact on patients and health systems
• CAUTI is the most common type of healthcare-associated infection (HAI) with an estimated number of nosocomial UTIs annually of > 560,000
• CAUTI leads to an estimated 13,000 attributable deaths annually
• CAUTI contributes an estimated excess length of hospital stay of two to four days
• CAUTI adds an additional cost to health systems of $0.4-0.5 billion per year nationally
Complete the form on the right and get the free CAUTI Case Study that outlines how your health system can control your clinical processes using innovative software solutions that offers near-real-time information clinicians need to reduce cost and improve outcomes.
The graph above highlights clinician variability in alert responses and how targeted interventions can impact standardization in care delivery.