LogicStream Health is a growing medical software company. Healthcare IT is one of the fastest growing industries in America, and LogicStream Health has defined and now leads the Clinical Process Improvement market. LogicStream Health is looking for a qualified Pharmacy Informaticist to assist us in developing our software platform and maintaining our Clinical Process Improvement leadership.
This role is based in the Minneapolis, MN. It will report to the Manager of Informatics but will also involve close interaction with all other members of the company. The candidate for this position must be located in the Twin Cities area. The company will not pay any relocation expenses.
- Understand pharmacy workflows and the use of Electronic Health Records (EHR) for patient care, clinical quality management, and process improvement in a health system setting
- Specialize in clinical workflow and technical integration between Electronic Health Records (EHR) and Automated Dispensing Systems (ADS)
- Participate in the development and execution of the technology platform including conducting research, performing product design, creating specifications and assisting with customer implementation
- Develop and translate pharmacy end user specifications into software requirements
- Monitor and remain abreast of Pharmacy related Quality and Regulatory Reporting requirements that drive product requirements
- Work closely with development and quality assurance teams to provide pharmacy background and knowledge as it relates to technical specifications
- Build professional skills by maintaining an awareness of industry trends and standards in health care delivery, pharmacy informatics, and leadership
- Provide direct and indirect support to customers both during initial implementation and in ongoing optimization efforts
- Conduct data analysis as required and appropriate
- Participate regularly in team meetings and provide status updates
- Identify opportunities to improve and innovate within our core product and the overall company
- Support sales, marketing and business development teams with pharmacy workflow background and knowledge
- Candidates should hold at least a bachelor’s-level degree
- Pharmacist with 5+ years of hospital pharmacy experience OR a Pharmacy Technician with 10+ years of diverse pharmacy experience with a minimum of 3+ years supporting hospital Pharmacy HIT systems
- Certification as a Pharmacy Technician or Registered Pharmacist
- Experience with one or more Electronic Health Record platforms
- Experience with Automated Dispensing Systems such as Omnicell and/or Pyxis systems
- Working knowledge of the interface between EHR systems and dispensing systems.
- Experience with Clinical Process Improvement, regulatory agency requirements and standards
- Familiarity with Clinical Decision Support tools and methodologies as they relate to pharmacy workflows
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and activities on a routine basis with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and public presentation
- Ability to be both detail-oriented and a strategic thinker
- Familiarity with HIPAA and PHI Regulations
- Ability to interact with customers and promote adaptive and effective use of clinical information systems
- Proficient in use of spreadsheets, database, and data query software
- Experience with interpretation and practical application of clinical pharmacy guidelines and regulatory requirements
About LogicStream Health:
LogicStream Health is trusted by a community of high-performing healthcare providers across the United States. The company’s clinical process control and improvement software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform stands alone in its ability to help customers gain instant insights to improve vital clinical processes and patient care. As a result, customers reduce cost and improve outcomes. Also available is The Drug Shortage App from LogicStream Health™ that reduces risk to patients, controls medication spend and increases staff productivity as a result of the ongoing drug shortage epidemic. The LogicStream Health SaaS platform is ‘must-have’ technology enabling clinical teams to quickly improve clinical processes in near-real-time and is designed for rapid implementation and easy adoption by end-user clinicians, informaticists, data analysts and executive teams. LogicStream Health software today is supporting hundreds of hospitals on a scalable and sustainable technology platform to standardize processes and deliver highly reliable healthcare.