LogicStream Health is a growing medical software company. Healthcare IT is one of the fastest growing industries in America, and LogicStream defined and now leads the Clinical Process Improvement and Drug Shortage management markets. LogicStream is looking for a qualified software engineer to build out these products.
This role is based in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis). It will report to the CTO, but also involves close interaction with all other members of the company. The candidate for this position must be in or near the Twin Cities. The company will not pay any relocation expenses.
- Develop software applications
- Participate in technical design and architecture
- Write automated unit tests
- Assist with unit, integration, security, load, functional and other testing
- Provide customer support
- Participate in customer implementations
- Install and upgrade software components (may require occassional and limited after-hours work)
- Participate in code reviews (both giving and receiving feedback)
- Meet with customers and potential customers, including pre-sales technical reviews
- Learn and understand the domain (clinical process measurement/improvement) and all solution technologies
- Evaluate new technologies
- Identify areas to improve and innovate, within our products and the company
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates should hold at least a bachelor’s-level degree in computer science, software engineering or related field. Those with equivalent industry experience will also be considered. Candidates should have software development experience beyond college. The ideal candidate will four to five years of work experience, though this is not a strict requirement.
We are more interested in strong object-oriented programmers, team players and quick learners than those with specific skills. As such, strong candidates who have worked with other technologies will be considered, though also having experience with specific technologies and skills is preferred.
- .NET, C#
- Ability to write clean, secure, efficient and maintainable code according to LogicStream development standards
- Object-oriented design, design patterns
- ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET MVC Core or other MVC-based frameworks
- HTML 5, SCSS/LESS/CSS
- SQL, relational database design
- Entity Framework (code-first) or Entity Framework Core, SQL Server, Oracle
- Information security
- Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with MVC and MVVM UI patterns
- Multi-threaded and/or asynchronous programming
- Statistics or machine learning
- Application lifecycle management, Agile SDLC
- Electronic Health Record systems
- HIPAA & PHI regulations
- Ability to both take direction (including adhering to existing development and design standards), and challenge the status quo as appropriate
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision, or as part of collaborative efforts
- Technical writing and verbal communication skills, including interactions with customers
In the course of regular duties, this position may interact with electronic protected health information (ePHI). As such, this individual will be required to participate in company-provided HIPPA training on an annual basis, demonstrate an understanding of HIPPA laws as applicable to their role, and adhere to all requirements regarding the handling and processing of ePHI.
About LogicStream Health:
LogicStream Health is trusted by all types of healthcare providers across the United States. We are dedicated to helping health systems fully leverage their clinical quality improvement efforts and investment in EHR technology to improve the lives of the patients they serve and the caregivers they employ. The LogicStream Solution is designed to assist in the analysis, evaluation and management of a hospital or health system clinical processes and standardization efforts. With a strong and experienced team focused on innovation, LogicStream provides a scalable and sustainable method to deliver highly reliable healthcare to any health system.